You will receive a confirmation email from email@example.com with a link that you will need to click on to confirm your email address.
We value your interest and look forward to keeping in touch with you!
- Latest Lending Rates
- Mortgage Calculators
- Mortgage Insurance
- Frequent Questions
- Mortgage Glossary
- Client Testimonials
- Trusted Lenders
- Latest News
|6 Months||3.10 %|
|1 Year||3.19 %|
|2 Years||3.19 %|
|3 Years||3.29 %|
|4 Years||3.64 %|
|5 Years||3.49 %|
|7 Years||3.49 %|
|10 Years||3.94 %|
|Current Prime||3.70 %|
|5 Year Variable||2.60 %|
Your credit score is essentially your passport to financial opportunities. With a possible range of 300 to 900, your score tells lenders what kind of a risk you are likely to be as a borrower. A low credit score can prevent you from getting the lowest mortgage rate, or even from getting a mortgage at all. But here’s the thing, this important factor in your mortgage negotiation is entirely within your control. That’s why it’s important to know the key credit behaviors that can boost your score or keep it high:
- On time, all the time. The single biggest factor in your credit score is having a timely bill payment history. Never let a bill get past due. That one habit is your single biggest game-changer. Set up automatic payments if that will help.
- Know your limits. Your credit score is based on your balances relative to your available credit. Look at your credit limits and try not to use more than 30 per cent of the available amount. If your limit is $10,000, try to not let your balance go higher than $3,000.
- Don`t let it happen. Don’t ever let any bill go to Collections, even if it’s for a small or disputed amount. These black marks on your credit are hard to erase. If it’s happened, be prepared to explain why, and be sure it’s paid in full and reported to Equifax.
- Be selective. When you’re asked - would you like to apply for our Store Card to save $X dollars on your purchase today - don’t do it; the high rate that goes with that card isn`t worth your savings on that particular purchase.
- History is important. Make sure you do have a credit history. You may have a low score because you do not have a record of owing money and paying it back. You can build a credit history by using a credit card.
If you are wondering how to polish up your credit, I would be happy to review your situation and outline your best options for credit improvement. If you want to get a mortgage while you work on bettering your score, I can also advise how that may be possible.
Low-Interest Credit Card for Homeowners.
9.9% interest plus earn reward points! If you typically carry a credit card balance, you can reduce your interest by 50% or more with our Centra Gold Card. By paying less interest each month, you can work towards becoming debt free sooner. Plus you earn reward points that translate into 1% cash back on your purchases.* Let’s discuss how this card can help you save money during your mortgage years and keep your credit sharp!
*REWARDS: Eligibility for rewards and/or account credit is subject to the terms and conditions of the Collabria MySelect Rewards and Cash Rewards programs. For full terms and conditions, visit www.collabriacreditcards.ca/webres/File/Rewards Terms/RTC-0415-FCG - MySelect Rewards Terms and Conditions.pdf. The Collabria Mastercard is issued by Collabria Financial Services Inc. pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.